Friday, January 13, 2017

A little update on things are about to be run around these parts

It is theoretically possible you have noticed the general lack of activity on this blog.

I haven't given up on it; the reality is, I'm involved in a great many things right now, including trying to move, working a day-job four days a week, finishing a novel, finishing a project with as much writing as a novel, and just trying to keep my own voice acting career humming along. It's hard to devote the time to this blog that it needs to stay up to speed, especially given the direction I wanted to take it, with interviews and accent videos and the like on a monthly/weekly basis. If I won the lottery tomorrow and all aspects of my career took off like a firework, perhaps I would leave my day-job and devote that much-needed time to my writing and voice acting, but as it stands, I have neither the time nor the sanity.

That said, I love writing and sharing my opinions with the world, and I don't want to totally stop. Blog gurus always say to update regularly, but at the moment, that really isn't possible, so here's how it's going to play out for now: please stay subscribed, and I will update with an article when I get it into my head to do so. That means I could update weekly, I could update monthly, or maybe I will disappear into the desert sands like a wraith and vanish for months. Regardless, at some point, I will be back when I feel like talking. When I do, please listen, tell me what you think, and ask others what they think so we can get all kinds of input.

Also, the tone of my posts will probably change a tad. Where it used to rely on tips and observations I've made, it may now cover more down-to-earth material as the mood strikes me, like perspectives on certain character performances or anecdotes on my career. I'm not going to totally forget about things like Audacity 101 or Let's Learn Accents, but right now I could do without the pressure of feeling like I need to upload in an orderly fashion once a week.

Thanks in advance for your understanding if you happen to read this. Now that I've made the conscious decision to start blogging again - however irregularly - you should hear a lot more from me. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment